::::: The Society of Korean Leprogists :::::
로그인 / 회원가입
Greetings
Regulation
History
Members
Award
 HomeGuideHistory

HISTORY

1958. 8.11 The establishment of the Society of Korean Leprologists and the enactment of its bylaws
   ( Mr. Jun Yoo was elected as the first president and Mr. Sang Tae Kim as the first vice president at the inaugural meeting held at Sorokdo National Hospital).

   The first academic symposium was held at Sorokdo National Hospital.

1958.- The office of the Society of Korean Leprologists moved into Yonsei University College of Medicine Microbiology Department

1960- The Society of Korean Leprologists was officially recognized as a Korean Academy of Medical Sciences affiliated sub-academy.  

1960. 8. 1. The fist issue of Journal of the Society of Korean Leprologists(volume 1, number 1) was published.  

1966. 9.24. The Society of Korean Leprologists joined the Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies as a member society.  

1973. 2.15. Revision of the bylaws.

(Organization of the current executive system and introduction of Full membership and Associate membership)  

1981. 1.10. The establishment of Yoojun Scholarly Award  

1979.- Relocation of the office of the Society of Korean Leprologists to the current location(former location of Korean Leprosy Control Association in Uiwang-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea)

1989. 1.28- The establishment of Gangmin Service Award.

1991. 11.6- An international academic conference organized by the Society of Korean Leprologists held at Seoul Garden Hotel.

1992. 12.- Journal of the Society of Korean Leprologists became published bi-annually(spring and fall)

1992. 12.22.- The Saint Lazarus Award was established.

2009- Journal of the Society of Korean Leprologists became published annually (fall).

 
 
leprosy@leprosy.or.kr